Market Update After Hours November 19
Monday, November 19, 2012 11:04 PM
Major US markets closed up: Dow Jones Industrial Average is up at 12,796, Up +207.65, +1.65%; NASDAQ Composite Index is at 2,916, up +62.94, +2.21% ; S&P 500 Index stood at 1,387 up +27.01, +1.99%
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR) 27.33 +2.78 (11.32%) Up on Upgrade by Analysts
- Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) 18.72 +1.84 (10.90%); Meat products maker Tyson Foods Inc. (TSN) on Monday reported a 91 percent jump in fourth-quarter profit. Tyson's board of directors declared a special dividend and increased the regular dividend by 25 percent.
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS) 30.83, +2.56 (9.06%). Cirrus, which makes chips that decrypt audio signals, said it expects third-quarter revenue of $270 million to $300 million, above analysts' estimates of $237.7 million
- Precision Drilling Corp (USA)(NYSE:PDS) 7.38 +0.61 (9.01%); Catalyst not known
After Hours Gainers:
- Acacia Research Corporation (NASDAQ:ACTG) 20.42, -3.02 (-12.88%); Acacia Research announced its earnings results on October 18th. The company reported $0.17 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.25 by $0.08. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 44.6% on a year-over-year basis.
- Companies moving up after posting earnings: KKD +12.7%, QIHU +4.2%, DY +3.3%
- Companies down in reaction to earnings: SCVL -6.7%, JACK -4.7%, CRMT -4.1%, PWRD -3.8%, NUAN -2.7%, A -2.0%, URBN -1.5%, BRCD -1.3%, BOBE -1.2%, SWHC -0.8%
- Hostess, Bakers Union Agree to Mediation. "My desire to do this is prompted primarily by the potential loss of over 18,000 jobs," Judge Robert Drain said during a hearing in federal bankruptcy court in White Plains, N.Y. He also cited his "belief that there is a possibility to resolve this matter notwithstanding the losses that [Hostess has incurred] over the last week or so and the difficulty of reorganizing this company."
- Housing Market Posts Gains – WSJ states sales of previously owned homes were stronger than expected in October, putting them on track to hit their highest annual level since 2007. The national median home price rose by 11.1% from one year ago in October to $178,600, according to the NAR.
- Target and Sears are joining Wal-Mart and Kmart stores in throwing open their doors to shoppers on Thanksgiving Day, instead of waiting until the day after the holiday. Sears is opening at 8 p.m. Target will open at 9 p.m. In the past, the stores had opened before dawn on Black Friday.
FREE Options Trading Lessons
I'll show you how to unlock HUGE Gains with Options Trading
Let's make 2016 the year you get RICH!